Australia isn’t just the Sydney Opera House and Uluru and golden beaches. Which is why I want to read a book set in each state of Australia. (I’m not adventurous enough to try to read a book for each of Australia’s far-flung islands. Yet, anyway.). I have some ideas already. I don’t mind what genre, but I do want a sense of setting, which is why I ended up not counting The Rosie Project towards this list.
- New South Wales Glitter and Glue
- Northern Territory A Town Like Alice
- Queensland Dead Heat; Carpenteria
- South Australia The Dry; Little River, Big Fish
- Tasmania In Tasmania
- Western Australia Rabbit Proof Fence
- Victoria Cocaine Blues